After: Bring Light
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A reworking of the old RP ATA. An apocalyptic event casts a cloud of darkness over the world called the Ash, but it's not the only thing that has arrived.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Let's take a risk

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Crystal

Crystal

Let's take a risk Empty
PostSubject: Let's take a risk   Let's take a risk EmptySun Mar 01, 2015 2:22 am

Standing on-top of the rooftops was Ms.Evie Daylight, she had heard that the rooftops weren't all that bright and that night-crawlers wont be as effected from the light but thats why she had also brought her own supplies and she wasn't worried one bit. Her thin brown hair was tied back neatly in a nice strong pony tail, but a few strands of bangs were slightly covering her big forehead. Evie glanced at the sky, saddened by the thought that it was still covered up by large dark clouds. The event of the world was unexpected, it wasn't fair either Evie had so many plans for herself she wanted to become a teacher and teach others about language arts, because writing and reading was a big passion of Evie's. The life she knew had been gone so quickly; all her friends, and family was most likely dead thanks to those night-crawlers.

Sometimes it seemed like all of this was just a really bad dream, and she could just wake up from it in an instant, but no. This was her reality now, and it was really cruel Evie let out a deep sigh letting her mind wander off she even started talking to herself.

"What I wouldn't give to watch some TV right now.."
Back to top Go down
Mount

Mount

Let's take a risk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's take a risk   Let's take a risk EmptySun Mar 01, 2015 2:46 am

"Yeah, shooting nightcrawlers so they don't kill you can be boring." The words were accompanied by footsteps as Mostyn casually walked up to the girl, his blonde hair giving him away despite the low light. He gazed out at Murkwell, or at least, what was illuminated by the lights on the front of the Murky Mart. Mostyn had a calm look on his face, seeming to be apathetic to the apocalypse that had occurred. "Think things will ever go back to normal?"
Back to top Go down
Crystal

Crystal

Let's take a risk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's take a risk   Let's take a risk EmptySun Mar 01, 2015 3:30 am

At first Evie was startled of the new voice, the only people that she had really only met was Vivi, Allen and Tara she never expected this much people at the Murky Market, maybe more people had survived then she expected. Evie slightly chuckled, at the dudes comment turning around to face him - slightly blushing once she had realized that this guy was handsome - very very very handsome. ?"Yeah, and also running away from them 24/7 at least I don't have to run here." Eve said letting out a slight sigh, taking a glance at the strangers blonde hair - and his tall body structure. "My names, Evie but you can call me Eve." Eve said with a slight smirk.

At Mostyn's questions Evie sighed, her shoulders slightly dropping she hadn't expected a question like that coming from a guy like himself. "I dont know, hopefully.." Evie whispered sliently, glancing at the ground. "Do you have any family or friends..that survived?"
Back to top Go down
Mount

Mount

Let's take a risk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's take a risk   Let's take a risk EmptySun Mar 01, 2015 3:51 am

Mostyn shook his head in response to Eve's question. "Not that I know of. I've been managing on my own ever since the Ash showed up, not just when the lights in Murkwell went out," he told her, briefly remembering some of the situations he had been in since the Ash appeared up to when he had fled to the safety of the Mart's light. Had the lights not been on, Mostyn would almost certainly be dead right now. Nevertheless, he remained hopeful that he would survive until old age claimed him.

"Well, what about you?" Mostyn asked as he turned his head to face Evie. "Name's Mostyn, by the way."
Back to top Go down
Crystal

Crystal

Let's take a risk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's take a risk   Let's take a risk EmptySun Mar 01, 2015 4:22 am

Managing on his own? All this time.. Evie had found that very strange, he had no parents to take care of him whatsoever? No siblings no friends? Before coming to murkwell Evie did have a group, a group of 10 good friends. They died though, all thanks to those fucking night-walkers. She managed to get to Murkwell with the help of some very friendly strangers, and here she was today. Evie slightly blinked, a question forming in her head before she quickly asked Mostyn. "Have you ever thought about leaving the market?" Eve has asked the blonde, staring off into the darkness not being able to hear a thing.

"I was with a group... We were attacked one time, not alot of people made it, I was actually the only one who made it.." Evie had said, as she felt tears starting to form in the corner of her eyes, why did the world have to turn so cruel, why couldn't life be better.
"You think that theres a chance?"
Back to top Go down
Mount

Mount

Let's take a risk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's take a risk   Let's take a risk EmptySun Mar 01, 2015 4:55 am

"No, I haven't really," Mostyn answered. He figured it would be a lot safer to stay at the Mart so that he would be protected by its light. After all, his chances would be a lot better if he didn't have to worry about nightcrawlers trying to kill him. "You were the only one who survived? I'm sorry..." Mostyn said sympathetically. He had grown used to being alone, especially given how it was not unheard of for him to betray anyone he may have been with if it meant ensuring that he stayed alive for longer. However, he could still imagine how someone who may have been much more attached to their fellow survivors would feel if they were to all die.

There was a bit of a pause after Evie asked her next question.

BANG!

Mostyn had his pistol in his hand, a bullet being fired from it at a dark shape made visible by the dim lights on the rooftop. As a result of the lights not being as bright as the ones inside, a nightcrawler had ended up on the roof, intending to kill Mostyn and Evie. Mostyn looked around the roof quickly, knowing that there would be more than one nightcrawler making an attempt at his and Evie's lives.
Back to top Go down
Crystal

Crystal

Let's take a risk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's take a risk   Let's take a risk EmptySun Mar 01, 2015 4:42 pm

Evie thought about it, leaving the market - going somewhere better like the light-house even though a murderous group called the black masks lived there quite a time ago.. I mean what would happen if the Murky Market ran out of supplies? Not to mention that there was a big chance of more survivors showing up to stock up on their own supplies. Besides it's not like all the survivors were going to be all nice and friendly, there were going to be some nasty or messed up people showing up to the Market who would be looking to pick a fight - she sure didn't want to be around for that. Hopefully one day, maybe these horrible dark clouds will just vanish and the sun will reappear to the world, that would be amazing. "Well I do have a little sister, but I doubt that she was able to survive this. " Eve said with a frown glancing at Mostyn, wondering if he had ever been lonely, with no family to keep him company? Evie had plenty of siblings growing up, part of it being the fact that her dad was a big man-whore and slept with 5 different woman and had at least over 10 kids. "Her name was Garvie, we we're half-sisters but we lived together, she wasn't that bad of a sister.." Evie had told him a bit quieter, wishing that Garvie was still alive today. If she could, Evie would tell Mostyn everything about her life. How her father was some crazy whore and had over 10 different kids, and how her mother became obbsesed over drugs and went to jail leaving Evie and Garvie in the care of their very unhealthy Grandfather who had passed away a few years ago before this all went down.

The sound of a gun-shot had startled Evie causing her to look up at Mostyn in question, was it a nigh t-crawler? It probaly was but why didn't he just use the flash-light to stun it or something, she never had actually killed a night-crawler herself, but she did see Night-crawlers killing people, not a pretty sight to see at all. "Wanna go somewhere safer..?"
Back to top Go down
Mount

Mount

Let's take a risk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's take a risk   Let's take a risk EmptySun Mar 01, 2015 6:15 pm

Mostyn nodded. "Yeah, good idea. Then I can tell you more about myself if you want," he said with a bit of a grin, his gun at his side should more nightcrawlers show up. While one was hardly a threat, a dozen was a different story. Mostyn began towards the ladder that led back into the Mart, where there would be no threat of nightcrawlers. He also wondered what the other survivors were up to. Mostyn wished that they were more orderly than earlier when a former Coyote had to be subdued.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Let's take a risk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's take a risk   Let's take a risk Empty

Back to top Go down

Let's take a risk
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
After: Bring Light :: Murkwell :: Riverside Road :: Murky Mart :: Rooftop-
Jump to: